Terms & Conditions
- Inter-City Logistics agrees to have vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the dates requested. Inter-City Logistics will find a licensed Carrier (agent) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. Inter-City Logistics does not guarantee a specific pickup or delivery date. Please note that seasonal adjustments in freight volume can affect the length of time it takes to get your vehicle picked up. Inter-City Logistics will not be responsible for loss or damages caused by delays of any kind or any reason, including car rental fees or other accommodations.
- This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the Carrier’s bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of Carrier and are incorporated herein.
- Carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. Inter-City Logistics must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time. If a carrier is sent out and vehicle cannot be picked up there will be an additional $150.00 rescheduling fee.
- Inter-City Logistics hereby notifies shipper that their vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, this does not relieve the consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. In order to fully deliver your vehicle you must be willing to travel up to 5 miles from the designated pickup or delivery point.
- Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by shipper) and shipper or his agent is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) will be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the carrier, where shipper will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees.
- Inter-City Logistics does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier. All carriers are fully vetted to the highest industry standards prior to being eligible for dispatch. Each carrier must maintain a satisfactory safety score with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration as well as proper liability insurance and adequate cargo insurance. Each carrier has also signed a detailed contract agreeing to be responsible for their actions while in possession of customer vehicle. Due to the strict nature of the carrier selection process, Inter-City Logistics does not allow for cancelled dispatches due to customer carrier preference. If a carrier is fully vetted and selected, a re-dispatch fee of $150 will be charged. This does not apply to emergency schedule changes.
- If you are shipping an inoperable vehicle, you may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $200.00 will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other moneys owed. It is shipper’s responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order. Problems, such as but not limited to, a dead battery, bad alternator, loose cables, etc that makes the vehicle inoperable during transport will increase the transport price by $200.00.
- Inter-City Logistics or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Inter-City Logistics or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknownst to Inter-City Logistics or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the shipper. Should damage occur in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the discretion of the transporting company. This is Federal Law and under no control of Inter-City Logistics.
- Inter-City Logistics or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons. Enclosed transport is available at a higher price if necessary to ensure the condition of the vehicle.
- Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose parts fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
- If damage should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received the said vehicle in good condition, and that Inter-City Logistics and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
- Inter-City Logistics and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Inter-City Logistics will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Inter-City Logistics accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider OR pursue the enclosed transport option.
- Shipper specifically waives any right to judicature of this matter at any location but Teton County, WY. Inter-City Logistics can only be liable for up to the amount of the scheduling fee. In no case can Inter-City Logistics be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage. Inter-City Logistics will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise. Additional insurance coverage is also available for an additional cost.
- If you place an order with us, you have the option to cancel any time prior to your vehicle being assigned to a transporter, with no cancellation fee. If your vehicle is booked on a transporter before you fax or email your cancellation, you will be charged a $350 cancellation fee. It is Inter-City Logistics‘s goal to only get paid if we perform the service of Auto Transport Broker. All cancellations must be done in writing. Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Inter-City Logistics is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. WE are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports. Inter-City Logistics does not transport your vehicle or ensure its transport. Inter-City Logistics provides the services of finding a licensed (by the Dept. of Transportation) & insured (strictly vetted to the highest industry standards) Auto Transport Carrier and logistically bringing the Carrier and the Customer together.
- Inter-City Logistics will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities.
- By submitting your order online, Inter-City Logistics understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on Inter-City Logistics web site. By giving your Credit Card information on our website, to PayPal OR one of our representatives to book your order with us, you are agreeing to all of these Terms & Conditions.
- Customers must make their vehicle available during the transport time, if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been place and a carrier has been assigned, Inter-City Logistics holds right to cancel the order with no refund.
- Neither Inter-City Logistics nor its agents shall be responsible for the following:
– Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore Inter-City Logistics or its agents do not accept responsibility for them.
– Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
– Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition (suggests that they may be removed)
– Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
– Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
– Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
– Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
– Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
– Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
– Damage caused by acts of terrorism.
– Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
– Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes.
– Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (Vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system).
- All Risk Shippers Insurance is available for enclosed transport at an additional cost, to be determined by value of vehicle as well as cost of transport. Automobiles, Motorcycles and similar vehicles are insured: Automobiles are insured against all risks of physical loss or damage from any external cause. Notwithstanding anything in this policy to the contrary, coverage attaches from the time the automobile is delivered to the carrier and covers while in due course of transit until delivered to the owner or representative at destination. No coverage is granted hereunder while the vehicle is being operated under its own power except while in the custody of the carrier during loading/unloading operations.
Covered losses are paid without the need to prove carrier negligence
Insurance Company deals with collecting from the carrier (if possible) once the claim has been paid
No need to demonstrate where the loss occurred
Claim payments based on insured value, not weight of pieces missing/damaged or Carrier’s limited liability
Deductible is paid by withholding carrier pay
Specifically, this insurance covers your freight, not the carrier’s liability for damage or loss. Claims are filed directly against the master policy, by the shipper, and paid within thirty (30) days from the date in which all required supporting documents are presented.
- AFta PLAN Gap Coverage Available for an additional charge (Open or Enclosed Transport)
a. Not Covered
- Gas (It is advised that a vehicle only carries a ¼ tank of gas)
- Toll fees (Charges on a device)
- Vehicle depreciation due to damage
- Any damage covered by personal insurance where no deductible is required such as a windshield. (If a windshield is not covered by personal insurance the AFta PLAN will cover it.)
- Any damage to the interior or undercarriage of the vehicle
- Covered in the Standard AFta PLAN – $98
- Major damage – If a carrier or its insurance fails to pay. Up to $1000 of the deductible. Some examples:
- Carrier is uninsured – premiums not paid up
- Carrier is unable to pay damage deductible before carrier’s insurance will commence repairs
- Broker or customer cannot get cooperation from a carrier and/or it’s insurance or the claim delayed indefinitely due to stall tactics and the customer has to revert to his/her own insurance
- Vehicle was damaged while being driven to or from the carrier for pickup and/or delivery
- Vehicle damaged and left at a terminal facility without proper bill of lading signed by storage company
- Minor damage – Damage detected and reported within 48 hours after delivery up to $400
- Lost or Damaged Keys- Up to $150
- Car Rental – If delivery is delayed more than 20 days after pickup, Car rental compensation up to 5 days @ $30 per day
- The GAP protection compensates for out of pocket costs if a customer has exhausted all forms of compensation via carrier insurance and/or personal insurance and must incur a cost to get the vehicle repaired. This includes carrier insurance as well as personal insurance.
- Payment Cancellation Coverage – $38
- When Refund is Allowed:
- Death, serious injury or serious illness of Customer or Customer’s immediate family member;
- Vehicle lost, substantially damaged due to accident, or became completely inoperable before pickup;
- Serious acts of nature; Pending insurance settlements due to damage, theft or loss of vehicle;
- Customer needs to comply with the laws and regulatory authorities; and
- Illegal acts of a third party such as riots, and terrorism
- When Refund is NOT Allowed:
- When order was double booked;
- Lack of sufficient evidence or reason;
- When customer changes his/her mind to ship the vehicle for no serious reason;
- As soon as vehicle is loaded on the Carrier/Truck
- Any other valid/justified reason allowing AFG to deny refund
PLEASE NOTE: In order to file a claim, it must be submitted within 48 hours of delivery and include 4 time-stamped photos taken at the time of pickup as well as 4 time-stamped photos taken at delivery.
- When Refund is Allowed:
- Payment Cancellation Coverage – $38